Zhongguo' means China in Chinese, which translated literally means 'central kingdom', but what it really refers to is the central plain – the Yellow River valley and today's Henan province. As well as marking the earliest source of Chinese civilization, Henan province holds a special place in the imagination of most Chinese people as the home of the famous Shaolin temple and its legendary no-nonsense Kongfu monks. This is, quite literally, the heart of China. <a href="http://www.cameraolshop.com">photography equipment</a>
Day 1 : Arrive (L D)
- Arrive in Zhengzhou in the morning
- Meet by your guide and transfer to Dengfeng City (75km 1.5hours)
- Visit Shaolin Temple & Pagoda Forest
- Shaolin Temple is believed to be the origin of martial arts and kung fu have originated, also the most important Buddhist temple in China.
- The Pagoda Forest in the Shaolin Temple is a concentration of tomb pagodas of eminent monks, abbots and ranking monks. With more than 250 tomb pagodas of various sizes, it is the biggest pagoda forest in China.
- Hike to Damo Cave, where Damo was hospitalized for nine years. <a href="http://www.cameraolshop.com">camera accessories</a>
Day 2 : Dengfeng (B L D)
- Visit Shaolin Martial Art School to watch local students practicing Chinese Kongfu
- Learn Kongfu classes in the afternoon
- Watch the splendid historical show "Shaolin Performance"
Day 3 : Dengfeng (B L D)
- Visit Zhongyue Temple with its numerous Taoist buildings, listed by the State Council as a key national temple of Taoism.
- Hike Taishi Mountain
Day 4 : Dengfeng – Luoyang (B L D)
- Drive to Luoyang City (77km 1.5 hours), another ancient capital of China. <a href="http://www.cameraolshop.com">professional camera equipment</a>
- Visit Longmen Grottoes, one of the three most famous ancient sculptural sites in China, together with Mogao & Yungang Grottoes
Day 5 : Depart (B)
- Visit Baima (While Horse) Temple, the first Buddhist temple and is honored as the 'Cradle of Buddhism in China'
- Transfer to airport for your flight back home . <a href="http://www.comephotography.com">lighting photo studio</a>